Position: Education Service Manager
Payroll Title: Public Education Specialist 3
Under the general direction of the Director of the UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM), the C-STEM Education Service Manager plays a leadership role in planning, design, development, marketing, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the C-STEM program and new initiatives. Responsible for curriculum, professional development, grant writing, and collaboration with C-STEM stakeholders. Also responsible for supporting district/school IT staff and teachers to implement the C-STEM program.
The UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM) is housed in the UC Davis College of Engineering. C-STEM is a UC Approved Educational Preparation Program for Undergraduate Admission to all UC campuses. C-STEM has UC A-G Program Status with A-G approved rigorous courses for UC/CSU admission. The C-STEM Center aims to improve computing, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (C-STEM) education in both formal and informal programs in K-14 through integrated learning. The goal of the C-STEM Center is to provide computing education for all K-12 students and develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills through integrated mathematics education. The C-STEM Center works with several hundreds of K-12 schools with annual subscriptions with over 10,000 students in US and other countries using C-STEM Math-ICT curriculum in their formal classroom teaching and learning. The annual C-STEM Day with RoboPlay Challenge Competition by the end of May each year is a culminating event for the C-STEM program. In 2016, more than 130 teams participated in the RoboPlay Challenge Competition at UC Davis and Orange County, CA organized by the C-STEM Center staff and over 150 industrial and student volunteers. The C-STEM Center provides various professional developments for K-14 teachers on integrated computing and STEM education in various regions by C-STEM staff or through the C-STEM Train-the-Trainer Affiliate Program. The C-STEM Center also organizes the Girls in Robotics Leadership (GIRL) camps in the summer in different regions nationwide through the C-STEM GIRL Affiliate Program. The GIRL camps are focused on motivating girls in middle school through peer mentoring to learn STEM concepts through a fun and exciting robotics-based C-STEM GIRL Camp curriculum. The Center, under the directorship of Professor Harry Cheng, has several staff, graduate and undergraduate students and collaborates working closely with numerous education, technology and industrial partners and volunteers.
Sit at computer for extended periods of time.
Lift and/or maneuver boxes of files/records weighing up to 25 lbs.
UC Davis is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background check required.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience in STEM and education related fields.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong computer programming experience in C, C++, or Java. Teaching experience on C, C++, or Java or have taken C, C++, or Java course in a college with a passing letter grade.
- Teaching experience in STEM, preferably in Math, Computer Science, or CTE in K-12 schools .
- Experience in providing professional development for STEM teachers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, presenting concise and clear information to diverse internal/external stakeholders; including reports, written communications, and presentations to key audiences.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with minimal supervision, and coordinating the work of contributors with attention to detail, while completing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Robotics or mechatronics experience.
- Experience working with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Experience in program development, instructional management and/or project management, especially in grant funded programs in the STEM areas.
- Experience in developing STEM curriculum with computing and/or robotics.
Please apply for this position through the UC Davis HR employment application website. Refer to job requisition #03019653