Position: Educational Specialist and Technology Coordinator
Payroll Title: Analyst IV
Under the general direction of the Director of the UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM), the C-STEM Educational Specialist and Technology Coordinator plays a leadership role in planning, design, development, marketing, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the C-STEM teacher professional development program for K14 teachers in different regions in California and nation. The Educational Specialist and Technology Coordinator is also responsible for deployment of the C-STEM program and to support its implementation for district/school IT staff and teachers.
The UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM) is housed in the UC Davis College of Engineering. C-STEM is a UC Approved Educational Preparation Program for Undergraduate Admission to all UC campuses. C-STEM joins a distinguished group of programs with UC A-G Program Status with A-G approved rigorous courses for UC/CSU admission. The C-STEM Center aims to improve computing, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (C-STEM) education in both formal and informal programs in K-14. The goal of the C-STEM Center is to provide computing education for all K-12 students and develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills through integrated computing and STEM education. The C-STEM Center studies how to use computing and robotics technology to increase student interest and help them learn STEM. The C-STEM Center also studies how to streamline the curriculum on computing education in the context of STEM subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as the first two years of college. The C-STEM Center seeks to inspire students to pursue computing and STEM related careers and post-secondary study.
Sit at computer for extended periods of time.
Lift and/or maneuver boxes of files/records weighing up to 25 lbs.
UC Davis is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background check required.
- Strong computer skills; computer programming experience in C, C++, or Java.
- Teaching experience in STEM, preferably in Math or Computer Science, in K12 schools.
- Demonstrated experience in providing professional development for STEM teachers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, presenting concise and clear information to diverse internal/external stakeholders; including reports, written communications, and presentations to key audiences.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with minimal supervision, and coordinating the work of contributors with attention to detail, while completing projects with excellence.
- Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience in STEM and education related fields.
- Robotics experience.
- Experience in program development, instructional management and/or project management, especially in grant funded programs in the STEM areas.
- Experience in developing STEM curriculum with computing and/or robotics.
Please apply for this position through the UC Davis HR employment application website. Refer to job requisition #03017679