Click below to view the list of upcoming free C-STEM 1-Day Workshop on Raspberry Pi/Arduino
The free C-STEM 1-Day Workshop on Raspberry Pi/Arduino will provide K-14 teachers with hands-on experience on how to integrate ultra-low-cost computers of Raspberry Pi (for as low as $5) and Arduino into their classroom teaching of STEM, computer science, making, and robotics courses. This 1-Day workshop will give the participants the skills and knowledge necessary to be creative with physical computing and making, no matter their experience level.
At the end of workshop, each participant will receive a Raspberry Pi/Arduino Kit with sensors from Vilros for free.
The workshop will introduce teachers to:
- Maker-friendly technology
- A range of ideas for interfacing hardware and software in the classroom
- C-STEMbian – a free open source Linux operating system based on Raspbian for Raspberry Pi
- The GPIOviewer for tinkering with the 40 General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) pins on Raspberry Pi
- The Ch WiringPi Package for programming Raspberry Pi to interface with its 40 GPIO pins
- Using physical computing to control electronic components like LEDs and buttons
- The Web-Based Computing in Raspberry Pi for web-based data acquisition and visualization.
- The ChDuino for tinkering with the general purpose input/output bins on Arduino board.
- Integrated learning of Pi and Arduino for problem solving with the same wiring functions such as pinMode(), digitalRead(), and digitalWrite(). Learn the similarities and differences of Pi and Arduino.
- Integrating Arduino technology with Raspberry Pi
- Integrating computing and robotics into math with Common Core State Standards — Mathematics.
- Integrating computer programming with computational thinking, engineering, and robotics into science education with Next Generation Science Standards
If you cannot travel to UC Davis or San Diego, but are interested in attending a free 1-Day Workshop on Raspberry Pi/Arduino in a city near you, please click HERE to let us know. If there are strong interests in a city near you, we look into the possibility to offer one.
- Date: April 29, 2017
- Time: 8:30am – 4:30 pm
- Location: UC Davis, Bainer Hall, Room 2121A, Davis, CA
- Registration Deadline – April 21, 2017
- We will notify you shortly after the registration deadline.
- Date: May 6, 2017
- Time: 8:30am – 4:30 pm
- Location: San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, CA
- Registration Deadline – April 28, 2017
- We will notify you shortly after the registration deadline
Click here to register for the 1-Day Workshop on Raspberry Pi/Arduino. Due to limited availability, we may be forced to turn away many excellent educators. If you are not selected, we hope that you will apply again in the future.
- Each participant will receive a Raspberry Pi/Arduino Kit with sensors from Vilros for free.
- Linkbot robots and computers will be provided during the training.
- You may bring a Laptop running Windows XP or higher or Mac OS 10.7 or higher. You must have administrative privileges on the laptop to install the latest software for the C-STEM program, which can be downloaded from our Downloads page. Therefore, you can continue exploring and learning after the workshop with the free Raspberry Pi/Arduino Kit with sensors.
Interested in hosting a C-STEM professional development in your area?
If your county office of education, school district, and organization would like to host a C-STEM professional development for STEM teachers in your region, please contact us.
C-STEM Certified Trainers