The Hour of Code is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming.
If you are looking for programming activities, five C-STEM RoboBlockly activities below were selected through the peer-review process and featured in the Hour of Code events (click “Comfortable” on that page). These activities are freely available and suitable for a range of skill levels.
1. Learn One Hour Coding with RoboBlockly (Grades 2+ | Blocks, Ch/C/C++)
2. Learn Robotics with RoboBlockly (Grades 6+ | Blocks, Ch/C/C++)
3. Learn Math with RoboBlockly (Grades 5-8 | Blocks, Ch/C/C++)
4. Learn Coding with RoboBlockly (Grades 6+ | Blocks, Ch/C/C++)
5. Learn Algebra with RoboBlockly (Grades 6+ | Blocks, Ch/C/C++)
UC Davis C-STEM Center was chosen through a rigorous review process and promoted on the code.org’s Beyond Hour of Code website for classroom teaching beyond hour of code. C-STEM is one of a handful of nationally recognized middle school and high school computing programs based on (1) full-service partnerships, (2) high quality of curriculum, (3) proven scale + support (in use in at least 100 schools), (4) professional development & support for teachers included, (5) and affordability.