C-STEM Girl’s Leadership Award recognizes middle and high school girls who have attended GIRL or GIRL+ camp as a camper and/or assistant coach, and demonstrated an outstanding leadership and shown aspiration for computing and robotics fields. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of the university faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
The Girl’s Leadership Award is funded initially by Dr. Harry Cheng’s 2013 Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA) Achievement Award of $1,500 from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). To sustain this award, C-STEM Center seeks endowment funding and support from foundations, corporations, and individuals. If you are interested in making a contribution, please contact us.
- Nominees must be middle or high-school students.
- Nominees had participated in the C-STEM GIRL or GIRL+ Camp as campers, assistant coaches, or coaches.
- Nominees must be actively participating in the UC Davis C-STEM program.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Recipient must demonstrate excellent aptitude and interest in computing and its applications in STEM fields.
- Recipient must have demonstrate excellent leadership including peer-mentoring other female students to pursue computing related STEM fields.
- Recipient should have actively participated in the UC Davis C-STEM related programs.
Applications are due by March 27, 2020. The application is available for download as a PDF.
NEW! Teachers may nominate their students for these awards through our website! This feature automatically sends the student you nominate an email notification with a link to the application and with the attached Teacher Recommendation Form. Please log into our registered users subsite and visit the “C-STEM Student Award Nomination” page to nominate a student. Please note: This nomination form is a tool to motivate your students to apply; It is not a substitute for a student application.
For more information, please contact us:
Phone: (530) 752-9082