The UC Davis C-STEM Center, Redlands Unified School District, University of Redlands, and partners have collaborated to organize the 2020 C-STEM Symposium on February 24, 2020. Educators across California are invited to this one-day event packed with inspiring speeches and hands-on sessions about transforming math, CS, and CTE education with coding and robotics.
Experienced C-STEM teachers will share their insights and strategies for integrating C-STEM coding and robotics into classroom teaching. Attendees will have the opportunity to explore C-STEM curriculum, strategies, resources, and robotics with Arduino and Linkbots. Seasoned administrators will expose the impacts and successes of C-STEM hands-on learning and discuss long-term benefits of the program, advantages to subscribing, and the program’s adaptability.
Many hands-on breakout sessions will expose attendees to C-STEM curriculum by guiding them through using Linkbots, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, RoboBlockly, and Computer Programming and integrating these tools into math, science, engineering, computer science, and robotics classrooms and afterschool programs. Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn how C-STEM’s free GIRL/GIRL+ camps and annual level-playing-field RoboPlay Competition are supporting students of ALL backgrounds.
Breakout Sessions on Learning Math with Coding and Robotics
- Promising Results and Strategies for Integrated Teaching of Math and CS in Compliance with Both Common Core Math and CS Standards
- Engaging Elementary School Students Learning Math and Science with Coding and Robotics
- Secondary School Math with Computing and Robotics: Open the Gate for STEM Careers
- Forging Partnerships Between Higher Education Institutions and K-12 Schools Through the C-STEM Program
- RoboPlay Competition for Competitive Learning
- [Hands-On] RoboBlockly for Engaging the Absolute Beginner in Computing, Robotics, and Math
- [Hands-On] Integrating C-STEM Coding and Robotics into K-2 Math
- [Hands-On] Integrating C-STEM Coding and Robotics into Grades 3-5 Math
- [Hands-On] Integrating C-STEM Coding and Robotics into Grades 6-8 Math
- [Hands-On] Integrating C-STEM Coding and Robotics into Integrated Math I
- [Hands-On] Integrating C-STEM Coding and Robotics into Integrated Math II & III
- [Hands-On] RoboBlockly Activity Portal and Classroom Management: RoboBlockly for Classroom Teaching
Breakout Sessions on Coding and Robotics with Linkbot, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi
- C-STEM for NGSS-aligned Science, CTE, and Computer Science Education
- Diversity and Inclusion: Girls in Robotics Leadership (GIRL) and GIRL+ Summer Camps
- [Hands-On] Arduino: Introduction to Basic Electronics and Creative Problem Solving for Physical Computing
- [Hands-On] Getting Started with Hands-on C-STEM Coding, Robotics, and Curriculum for the Absolute Beginner
- [Hands-On] Art and Animation: Full STEAM Ahead
- [Hands-On] Sensor-Based Robotics
- [Hands-On] Create your own STEAM Makerspace at your School
- [Hands-On] Raspberry Pi for Physical Computing
More information coming soon…
Superintendents Plenary Panel
Experienced C-STEM Superintendents will discuss how the C-STEM program has a lasting impact on student engagement and performance district-wide. They will also share insights on how new districts can start integrating C-STEM coding and robotics to close the math achievement gap.
Moderator: Dr. Jose Lalas, Professor and Director, Center for Educational Justice, University of Redlands
Superintendent Mauricio Arellano, Redlands Unified School District
Superintendent Randal S. Bassett, Fontana Unified School District
Superintendent Cynthia Parulan-Colfer, Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
Teachers Plenary Panel
C-STEM Teachers will share their experience getting started with the C-STEM program, how they integrate coding and robotics into their classroom curriculum, and the direct effect that hands-on learning has on student behavior and success.
Expo & Makerspace
Take advantage of the Expo and Makerspace to learn the basics or explore the creative possibilities of robotics, coding, and integrated math education. Whether you missed a breakout session and need further explanation on a subject or want to experience exciting new projects, the Expo is the perfect place to learn from the C-STEM Team and gain further hands-on experience. The Expo will be located in the UC Davis Conference Center Lobby during the conference. Visit during registration, coffee breaks, lunch, or in between breakout sessions! Visit the Makerspace at the Expo to try building your own robot and Arduino projects. Our team will be on hand to answer your questions and provide assistance.
Details & Registration
Date & Time: February 24, 2020, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: University of Redlands, 1200 E Colton Ave, Redlands, CA 92373
Hosted By: Redlands Unified School District
Organized By: 2020 C-STEM Symposium Organizing Committee
Please register through our Eventbrite page.
- $75 – Early Bird through January 24th, 2020
- $100 – Standard registration through February 10, 2020
To register via Purchase Order send a PO to UC Davis C-STEM Center including the attendees’ full names and email addresses to email@example.com.
Travel & Hotels
Information coming soon…