C-STEM Service Learning Awards
C-STEM Service Learning Awards recognize C-STEM teachers and their middle or high school students for their exceptional contributions in teaching CS and STEAM subjects using C-STEM curriculum through peer mentoring. The student serves as a C-STEM Student Ambassador to help teacher(s) in a different school to teach, mentor, and inspire younger students to learn STEM with hands-on robotics and coding. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of the university faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
There are three options for this award:
C-STEM Service Learning Advocate of the Year
(A C-STEM teacher in the same school with C-STEM Student Ambassador)
C-STEM Service Learning Mentor of the Year
(A teacher worked with C-STEM Student Ambassador, in a different school from C-STEM Student Ambassador)
C-STEM Service Learning Student Ambassador of the Year
(C-STEM Student Ambassador)
- Nominees for C-STEM Service Learning Advocate of the Year must be teachers teaching C-STEM subjects in K-12 schools with an annual C-STEM subscription. Nominees and C-STEM Service Learning Student Ambassador must be in the same school.
- Nominees for C-STEM Service Learning Mentor of the Year must be teachers teaching C-STEM subjects in K-12 schools using C-STEM curriculum. Nominees must have mentored C-STEM Service Learning Student Ambassador to teach their students using the C-STEM curriculum.
- Nominees for C-STEM Service Learning Student Ambassador Award must be middle or high school students from a school with an annual C-STEM subscription, and helped a teacher in a different school to teach C-STEM curriculum and served as a role model for younger students.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Continuously actively involved in the C-STEM program.
- The C-STEM Service Learning Award must be nominated by a C-STEM district administrator. It is not necessary to nominate an awardee in each category to be qualified for awards.
- A school district can only submit up to two nominations for Service Learning Awards each year.
- Evidence on excellence in computing and STEM education, especially on integration of computing and robotics into STEM education due to C-STEM Student Ambassador’s participation such as introducing C-STEM program to a new school, co-teaching an elementary school math course using RoboBlockly for distance learning, mentoring a team to participate in C-STEM RoboPlay Competition.
- Supporting letters from principal(s) to document the outcome of C-STEM Service Learning and peer-mentoring are encouraged.
- Nominees needs to attend the C-STEM Annual Conference in person to receive the award.
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (530) 752-9082