C-STEM Superintendent of the Year Awards recognizes C-STEM Superintendents whose effective leadership in implementing district wide integrated computing and STEM education have successfully inspired their schools, teachers, and students to thrive in 21st century skills. The C-STEM Superintendent of the Year has demonstrated leadership in the implementation of the C-STEM program in all elementary schools, middle schools, and/or high schools. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of the university faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
- Nominees must be superintendents in K-12 schools.
- Nominees must be actively participating in the C-STEM program.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Continuously actively involved in the C-STEM program.
- If selected, be able to attend and make a presentation at the C-STEM Conference.
- Evidence of excellence with leading the implementation of the C-STEM program on a district-wide scale.
- C-STEM programs have been implemented in elementary, middle, or high schools.
- The district is working towards integrated computing robotics in education from kindergarten through high school.
- Nominees need to attend the C-STEM Annual Conference in person to receive the award.