C-STEM Trainer Program
The C-STEM Trainer Program allows experienced C-STEM teachers and math/science/CS/CTE coordinators to become certified C-STEM Trainers who can provide C-STEM professional development for teachers not only in their district and county, but also in other geographic areas. To become a Certified C-STEM Trainer, there are eligibility requirements related to programming, teaching, and coaching/mentoring experience.
C-STEM Trainer Requirements:
A C-STEM trainer must meet the following criteria:
- Have attended a previous C-STEM professional development, preferably attended 1-week C-STEM Institute on Integrated Computing and STEM Education.
- Meet one of the qualifications below:
- Have more than one-year teaching experience on C, C++, or Java in a middle school, high school, or college.
- Have taken C, C++, or Java course in a college with a passing letter grade and more than 3-years teaching experience in math and CTE subjects in a middle school, high school, or college.
- Have taught one or more of the year-long C-STEM curricula in its entirety for more than two years in a middle school, high school, or college.
Coaching and mentoring experience is a plus.
A C-STEM potential trainer must participate in a C-STEM professional development as an assistant trainer first, later successfully lead a C-STEM professional development to be certified as a C-STEM Trainer. Then, he/she can provide a certified C-STEM training.
If you are interested in becoming a Certified C-STEM Trainer, please fill-out this application form.
If you have any question, please contact us.